Saturday, May 15, 2010

Road Number One press conference : 10Asia Interview

the cast & PDs of Road Number One drama made a press conference answered the journalist ( & our nonspoken) questions, im putting in the excerpts of So Ji-sub ^^


Q : The faces of the male actors have gotten very tanned -- it shows that you were faced with many hardships. Both of you look rugged as well.
So Ji-sub : I have gotten very tanned and also have heavy makeup on. I lost three kilograms and some of my muscles too because unlike in other productions, I can't have the image of being in shape.

Q : What were your reasons in choosing this particularly difficult production?
So Ji-sub : I think luck was on my side since I was able to star in this drama. People say I choose productions that are difficult but it's not fun to play the handsome guy wearing a suit. I like roles that allow me to get physical. Maybe I'll pick a difficult production for my next role again.

Q : Since you have finished shooting over 80 percent of the drama, are there any memorable scenes or episodes that come to mind?
So Ji-sub : I remember every scene, not just one. I recommend the viewers to watch it from the beginning to end because it's hard to say exactly when to start watching.

Q : Kim Ha-neul, what are the strong scenes that you just mentioned?
Kim: I have never shot a melodrama as if it's an action scene. I would end up with bruises on my body after the scenes because that's how full of energy I was when shooting it.
So: We really did shoot the romantic scenes as if in war. I think you may get to see something you have never seen before. I myself was surprised while shooting them.

Q : It must've not been easing being an actress who usually does not shoot revealing scenes. What made you do it?
Kim: First of all, I trusted the director and like I already said, the situation wasn't forced at all and it was a much needed scene for the drama. I don't think it's right to bare your skin if it makes me think 'Why do I have to?' but it's understandable in our drama.
So Ji-sub : When you watch the drama, it'll seem more beautiful than risque.

Q : You would have to become close with your co-stars in order to play the role of someone who falls in love with both actors -- So Ji-sub with whom you modeled for fashion brand Storm and with Yoon you had filmed the movie "Lovers of Six Years."
So Ji-sub : I think we had only met about a total two to three times.

Kim: We had to have good chemistry quickly because in the drama, we are two people who are deeply in love with each other. So we worked really hard at it and were able to complete the shoots successfully.

Q : Did you try to meet outside the set to become closer? For example, go to drink?
So Ji-sub : We never went drinking together. We had such a tight schedule, where we would come on set on Monday and go home on Saturday.
Kim: We became closer after shooting the love scenes.
So Ji-sub : I think we'll make many headlines today. (laugh)


oh i love his sens of humour ^^ this articles makes me more eager to watch the drama & So Ji Sub's role ♥

So Ji-sub transforms in "Road No. 1"

Why did you choose So Ji-sub and Yoon Kye-sang?
PD Lee Jang-soo : When we were in the early planning stages, I told Kim that we shouldn't do the drama if we ended up not being able to cast So Ji-sub. Kim really put in a lot of hard work for casting the actors. After we cast So Ji-sub for the role of Jang-woo, we tried really hard looking for someone to play Tae-ho.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@
Editor : Lee Ji-Hye seven@, Lucia Hong luciahong@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

3 comments:

Sarvin16 said...

"oh i love his sens of humour ^^ this articles makes me more eager to watch the drama & So Ji Sub's role ♥"

YES! he is EATABLE ^^

Amal ^^ said...

Hi , wow he is really looking tired coz of the hard work he did 2 the Drama T_T ..
Hope 2 the Drama and the Staff All the Best ..
Fighting ^____^

Hind said...

fighting !!!! ^^